Glaze, how to
2-3 tablespoons hot water or other fluid
flavouring (i.e. cocoa for chocolate glaze)
1/2 beaten egg white
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons flavouring
If shown, hover = photo = conversion
© Janneke's Recipe pages - tips and tricks, recipes cookies, pie and pastry making
How to prepare:
- Sift for all preparations the icing/powdered sugar.
- Add fluid or egg bit by bit with a teaspoon, the glaze may not get too thin.
- Always use on cooled pies and pastry.
- With fluid added it is suitable to brush on a pie
- With egg white added you can needle decorations.
- If a flavour is added (i.e. cocoa or coffee) mix that first with the icing sugar.
- With butter: Suitable to needle decorations.
- Stir the butter, sifted icing sugar and the egg yolk as spumous as possible (mixer). Add then while whipping the flavour.
First published: April 12, 2003, Netherlands
Not the recipe you're looking for ??