Basic remarks cocktails/mix
Ice: a lot of ice
Several drinks, check the recipes
beautifull shapes for cocktails
long, narrow/highball for longdrinks
Plastic cocktail stirs
Olives, cherries, lemon
* norit, aspirins
If shown, hover = photo = conversion
© Janneke's Recipe pages - recipe cocktail, longdrink and mix drinks
How to prepare:
- Everything must ice and ice-cold, except the liquors.
- Fill the freezer with ice.
- Mix or shake with ice but do not pour the ice in the glass. Use a strainer.
- Use new ice for every cocktail.
- Crushed ice: take a small bag with ice and beat with a (meat) hammer to pieces.
- A cocktail can be mixed in 3 ways: stir in a blender, shake in shaker or mix in the glass.
- Squeeze: squeezes some lemon or orange into glass or shaker.
- Twist: garnish with a lemon peel.
- Dash: just a few drops (mostly the bitters).
- Jigger: 42 cc (=1 shot glass).
- Total cocktail quantity is always approximately 60 cc, the recipes use 1/2, 1/3, 2/3 etc.
- Care to have metric jiggers/messure pourers of 10 cc.
- Be careful with bitters in the recipes: predominating taste.
First published: April 12, 2003, Netherlands
Not the recipe you're looking for ??